Fedora Desktop on XO

Chris Ball cjb at laptop.org
Tue Jan 6 17:50:48 EST 2009

Hi Greg,

   > The choice of file system isn't a deal breaker for the Fedora
   > Desktop feature. The hard part will be picking the right desktop
   > (more on that soon, I already love the dancing benchmark bears :-),
   > making it fit on the NAND, and testing it enough to prove its
   > usable.

The F10 desktop we shipped on SD had swap.  Our current JFFS2 filesystem
doesn't support swap.  I don't think you have any evidence for us being
able to avoid a deal-breaker without adding swap, so I disagree.

If we can't find either a way to get a swap file working on JFFS2 or get
UBI working, maybe it does make more sense to use XFCE (and even that
might not work out well).  I don't have a desire to ship something with
worse performance than the F10 SD build.

- Chris.
--
Chris Ball   <cjb at laptop.org>