Fedora Desktop on XO

Benjamin M. Schwartz bmschwar at fas.harvard.edu
Tue Jan 6 16:34:04 EST 2009

Carlos Nazareno wrote:

> Guys, maybe this can help. I whipped up a flash CPU benchmarking tool

Currently, we are assuming that the issue will be RAM consumption, not
CPU.  I personally have no reason to expect either system to behave
differently in terms of background CPU overhead or cost of common operations.

> In XO OS 8.2.0 + Sugar with no other activities running, I'm getting
> 5.5-5.65fps on Browse Activity and around 8.5fps on Opera 9.63
> (non-sugar)

If both browsers were using the same SWF plugin, then this is extremely
remarkable, and merits investigation.

--Ben