Recording XO Camp 2

Carol Farlow Lerche cafl at msbit.com
Tue Jan 6 13:52:00 EST 2009

I hope that someone is planning to record these sessions as was done at the
last event.  I watched all of these and found them very helpful and
informative as a way to get the flavor of backstory, opinion and debate that
doesn't always come through reading the lists.

My personal opinion is that audio posted with a copy of the presentation
slide deck is almost as good as video, and better in some ways, if this is
easier.  Of course video is great to connect voices with faces when the
videographer isn't drawn into side conversations and remembers to change the
direction of the camera when the slides are in play.  (It's a lot to ask
that someone withdraws from active participation enough to do this job, so I
am not complaining about the occasional lapse.)