Fedora Desktop on XO

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 22:15:50 EST 2009

Hi Greg,

Sorry for delayed response, I've had little internet connectivity so
have only had limited mail access and mostly through a windows box :(

> I'm still looking for help resolving the dependencies Chris found when he
> tried to install Gnome.
>
> The issue and thread are documented in the specifications section here:
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Feature_roadmap/Run_Fedora_applications_on_XO
>
> What do we do next when we get a list of "dependency errors"?

Is this on 8.2.0 or joyride? It looks like 8.2 due to the gnome-python
version being olpc3. I suspect some of the errors are due to the
custom packages, or possibly due to a repo not being available. You
can get some weird errors if there's two package provides split across
repos (something like a base gnome-python provided by the olpc3 repo
where as the gnome-python-blah which was stripped out of the olpc3
build is then provided by the Fedora 9 repo. Overall it looks like an
issue with cyrus-sasl. What does a "yum list cyrus-sasl*" show?

Regards,
Peter