Please help test our pre-release build of 8.2.1

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Fri Jan 2 17:04:01 EST 2009

On 02.01.2009, at 17:09, Brian Pepple wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> A pre-release build of 8.2.1 is now available for testing. It has
> passed
> an initial smoke test and now needs broader testing.
>
> The build download and problem reporting instructions are here:
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Friends_in_testing#Current_status
>
> The very early draft release notes are here:
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Release_Notes/8.2.1
>
> Please send a note to the list if you try this build even if you don't
> find anything interesting. We want to measure our test capacity.

You should mention that you want people to test the latest "staging"
build, not the latest "8.2.1" build (which is exactly the same as
8.2.0 at this point):

http://dev.laptop.org/~bert/8.2.1-staging.html

This is a significant change from previous release procedures (e.g., I
was not even aware that "staging" builds were meant for testing).

- Bert -