question about how to re-flash the XO

Mitch Bradley wmb at
Sat Feb 28 12:31:35 EST 2009

> Suppose I have a file 'foobar.img' on an USB stick.  On an unsecured
> XO, I'm at the 'ok' prompt.  What is the difference between using
> 'copy-nand u:\foobar.img' versus using 'update-nand u:\foobar.img" ??
> Thanks,  mikus

update-nand performs the secure update procedure that uses "" as
the source file.  It supports creating partitioned images via the
command mechanism defined in

copy-nand performs a simplified non-secure update that uses "foo.img"
and "foo.crc" as the source file.  It just blasts the raw data onto the
NAND, block by block.