extra OATS keys

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Tue Feb 24 08:03:37 EST 2009

2009/2/24 Martin Langhoff <martin.langhoff at gmail.com>:
> On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 3:23 AM, Daniel Drake <dsd at laptop.org> wrote:
>> We would like to set up a server in Paraguay (possibly hosted at the
>
> Have you got 100% connectivity in Paraguay?

In schools, yes.

> The whole
> antitheft-server-in-the-sky model depends on that, and I am personalyl
> walking away from that model as soon as I can. My ruling assumption is
> that connectivity is available in some schools but not all. And that
> antitheft is important for all.

Even though we have full connectivity we would also prefer to run this
service from the XS, not requiring connectivity. We're only taking
this route because we're too short on time to work on a proper
implementation. My thinking is that if we have *some* kind of
functional automated update system in place, we can use that to push
an OS update including a nicer update system in future :)

FWIW, Mitch kindly made a new keyjector with our t1 public key, so it
looks like this is an acceptable path for now. I documented the
designation of the 't' keys at
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Firmware_security#Multiple-Key_Support

Daniel