On optimizing Theora

Tiago Marques tiagomnm at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 14:21:10 EST 2009

Hi,

Can you please try both options with also the following
ones:*-ftree-vectorize -funroll-loops -m3dnow
*

Also, it may be a good idea to test both geode and i586 with *-m3dnow *and *
-mno3dnow*, since the compiler may be causing problems while vectorizing.
Another option is to test also with i486 compilations, as per what I had
already found in this thread:

http://geode.insideo.net/info-linux_archives/msg00396.html

Let me underscore my colleague's statement.  Do not use the 586 target.
In testing we've found that the 586 "optimized" version can be up to 3x
slower vs. the 386/486 versions on the Geode LX.

This should be due to Geode LX not being a superscalar processor (while the
i586 is) may be causing problems even with the i586 march.

Best regards,
                          Tiago Marques

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 2:23 PM, Benjamin M. Schwartz <