Guidance sought on collaboration techniques

James Simmons jim.simmons at
Mon Feb 16 12:21:03 EST 2009

This weekend I tried to get my two computers running Fedora 10 with the
Sugar RPMs to share with one another, with no luck.  Back when I was
using Xubuntu there was a collabora server that the Xubuntu RPMs had
installed by default, and I was able to set up my XO to use it using a
command line something like this:

sugar-control-panel -s jabber

When I try to do that now I get a python stack trace (if that's the
right word) and I still get an empty neighborhood view..

I was lead to believe a few months ago that two instances of Sugar on
the same network would find each other and be able to share even without
a jabber server between them.  I couldn't get that to work then and it
doesn't work now.

In any case, I have two machines running Fedora 10 and I want them to be
able to collaborate.  I should be able to run multiple instances of
Sugar on one of these machines as well.  I don't have my own jabber
server.  How would you suggest I set up a test environment for

Thanks again,

James Simmons