power consumption after shutdown

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Fri Feb 13 23:18:33 EST 2009

As far as I can tell, the battery in the XO-1 retains its charge
quite well when taken out of the case.  But in my experience, when I
specify 'Shutdown' to the software, and close the XO lid after all
its lights (including 'power') are extinguished -- then when two
days later I insert the AC adapter into the (still closed) XO, after
the 'power' light comes on, it goes yellow.  [I've seen this both
when I was running 'joyride' on the XO, and when I was running
'staging'.]  I take this to mean that *something* was draining some
power for the two days the XO was sitting in its "shut down" state.

If I want to prolong the "shelf life electricity" of my shut-down
XO, do I need to "turn off" some facilities before I click on the
'Shutdown' entry in the palette of the central icon in Home View ?

mikus