[Server-devel] XS 0.5.1 RC - Last round of testing...

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Thu Feb 12 01:37:54 EST 2009

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 8:42 PM, Martin Langhoff
<martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 2:41 PM, Sameer Verma <sverma at sfsu.edu> wrote:
>> was with eth0 not showing up. It looks like I am the victim of the
>> dreaded Realtek 8139 bug. It worked in XS 0.4 but in 0.5.1 it refuses
>> to show up.
> Strange, but it does look like a driver problem.
> The links you provide show various different problems with that NIC.
> In some cases, irqpoll in the kernel boot line fixes, in others some
> fiddling with ethtool was needed...
> It'll be good to know which of the fixes helps you :-)

appending irqpoll has fixed that problem. Now, I've hit another bug.
This is yum broken with _sha256 as stated here.

I'm going to try the workaround.

> BTW, if you upgraded from XS-0.4, it might be a good idea to rm
> /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules

No, this was a clean install. I'm running the server for testing only,
so I can afford to wipe it clean.

Dr. Sameer Verma, Ph.D.
San Francisco State University
San Francisco CA 94132 USA