[Server-devel] XS 0.5.1 RC - Last round of testing...

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 23:42:25 EST 2009

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 2:41 PM, Sameer Verma <sverma at sfsu.edu> wrote:
> was with eth0 not showing up. It looks like I am the victim of the
> dreaded Realtek 8139 bug. It worked in XS 0.4 but in 0.5.1 it refuses
> to show up.

Strange, but it does look like a driver problem.

The links you provide show various different problems with that NIC.
In some cases, irqpoll in the kernel boot line fixes, in others some
fiddling with ethtool was needed...

It'll be good to know which of the fixes helps you :-)

BTW, if you upgraded from XS-0.4, it might be a good idea to rm
/etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions