Announcing the first 8.2.1 release candidate.
cjb at laptop.org
Tue Feb 10 18:53:46 EST 2009
This e-mail is to announce the first in a series of signed candidate
builds leading up to the release of 8.2.1. We'd love your help testing
them before release.
You can upgrade to this new build (candidate-800) using the instructions
Some particular areas we'd like to see testing of:
* Connecting to encrypted wireless access points. We believe there are
regressions here that we're trying to understand. The test procedure
- connect to a WEP/WPA AP
- suspend/resume using the power button, see what happens
- reboot, see what happens
Some hypotheses we're trying to investigate are:
- WEP always works
- WPA works with some percentage chance of success
You can read more about the wireless testing that's been done already:
* We have a version of Browse that reads PDFs in the browser rather than
Read, and that needs testing:
* To install other activities, you can use the "Software Update" section
in the control panel, activated by hovering over the home view XO-man.
* It would be great to have help writing the release notes at:
The input to the release notes is the state described by Michael
Stone's excellent Trac report here:
You can find out how to send in feedback on this page:
- Chris, on behalf of the 8.2.1 team.
Chris Ball <cjb at laptop.org>
More information about the Devel