right pilgrim setup for 8.2.1 staging builds

Ties Stuij cjstuij at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 04:03:28 EST 2009

On Sun, Feb 8, 2009 at 10:02 PM, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:

> On 08.02.2009, at 10:49, Ties Stuij wrote:
>> So did I choose the wrong branch, or is there a secret pilgrim-setup
>> somewhere, with which the 8.2.1 staging images on xs-dev.l.o are
>> built?
>>
>> I would really, really appreciate it if somebody can point me to the
>> right setup!
>

> "staging" builds != "8.2.1" builds
>
> http://dev.laptop.org/~bert/8.2.1-pkgs.html
> http://dev.laptop.org/~bert/staging-pkgs.html

Can we call them 'builds that are stages (or steps if you will)
towards 8.2.1'? I will call them anything you want. I will also adjust
my mental picture of the whole setup, if they are not what I think
they are. But I DO want the setup for those staging builds. I'll do
just about anything you want... I'll bake you cakes, and send them to
the US, I'll fix an Etoys annoyance of your choice (on my level
though), I'll brush your shoes if I ever meet you, IF,... IF you can
point me to the right pilgrim setup. It's nice to see those packages
of the different stage builds, but they don't point to any repo(s). Or
is it a puzzle?

Please people, help me out here. I was advised using our own custom
pilgrim-setup by a number of people related to OLPC, and was advised
against using some other options I was considering. Now we've got a
nice system working, based on 8.2, but it seems we can't go forward
because no-one can or will share a simple git commit. I understand the
OLPC staff has been decimated, and there is much less time for anybody
to do anything, but reading these mails of mine also costs time. And
one person pushing a commit to a repo accessible by me, will equate to
less time lost by you all, because none of you will have to read the
continuation of my correspondence on this issue anymore.

I jest, I jest... The end  of the previous paragraph has got the air
of a threat, doesn't it? But it's got the ring of truth to it as
well... Can you tell I'm loosing my mind?

For my sanity and yours, help me please!
/Ties