Is it possible to disable "sharing" for an Activity?

James Simmons jim.simmons at walgreens.com
Mon Feb 2 18:10:04 EST 2009

First, I want to praise whoever put together the Sugar packages for
Fedora 10.  After struggling with Xubuntu and with sugar-jhbuild on
openSUSE I finally have a sugar test environment where everything seems
to work!  It was well worth wiping out my openSUSE install and starting
over with a new distribution.  I'll probably do the same to my Xubuntu
box eventually.

Second, now that I have this I want to perfect collaboration on my two
Activities, Read Etexts and View Slides.  Unfortunately, I am convinced
that collaboration in View Slides that involves sending large Zip
archives over the network is not and never will be practical.  What I'm
thinking about now is making the person "sharing" a slide show see only
the image being viewed on the XO that has the full presentation.  The
master XO would page through the slides and those sharing would follow
along.  I'm not sure that's practical, either.

While I'm figuring this out, what I'd really like to do is release a
version of View Slides that has no collaboration at all.  This would
mean hiding the control on the Activity toolbar that supports
collaboration.  When I figure out something intelligent to do with
collaboration I'll restore it.  Is this possible, and how would I go
about doing it?

Thanks,

James Simmons