OLPC where to go development advice.

pgf at laptop.org pgf at laptop.org
Sun Feb 1 11:31:24 EST 2009

paul wrote:
 > Thanks for all the advice, I've gotten ubuntu installed.
 >
 > One OLPC question and one GTK question
 >
 > OLPC: where exactly is the keyboard mapping file that would let me
 > change the behavior of the screen orientation button?

this will be different under ubuntu-on-XO, i believe.  are you
trying to get it to rotate?  or to do something else?  there
seem to be some tips, and a start on the "how to get it to rotate"
topic here:
    http://www.olpcnews.com/forum/index.php?topic=2240.0

 > Its missing the gio headers.
 >
 > specifically #include<gio/gio.h>

"dpkg -S gio.h" on my thinkpad install of ubuntu intrepid implies
that gio.h should be /usr/include/glib-2.0/gio/gio.h, and comes
from libglib2.0-dev.

paul
 paul fox, pgf at laptop.org