Android, OLPC, and native hosting

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at
Mon Dec 28 13:38:16 EST 2009

On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 7:25 PM, C. Scott Ananian <cscott at> wrote:
> j/k. ;-)

emacs is what I am using on both XO-1 and XO-1.5 so pretty good going
;-) (Along with vim! Peace!)

Lots of people here want to claim we need Eclipse to have an "IDE". Of
all the developers involved in the whole Linux
kernel+Fedora+Sugar+OLPC custom bits, the incidence of Eclipse usage
is  vanishingly small.

You don't need Eclipse to create this software stack, and it is
clearly not particularly desirable or ideal for most of the developers
that actually built it.

 martin.langhoff at
 martin at -- School Server Architect