XO-3 official

Stanley Sokolow overbyte at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 23 13:09:19 EST 2009

My personal experience tells me that it wouldn't help to have this piece of
vaporware come into being.    The limiting factor in bringing computing to
the poor masses on this planet is the high cost of connecting them to the
Internet.   Even wireless service is beyond the reach of rural villages
without massive government help, not likely to come about where it is needed
most.  Negroponte should now focus OLPC's attention on connectivity cost,
not on making claims (which I doubt will come to fruition) about ultra low
cost tablet devices.