secure boot- Can't mount root filesystem. Was: Problem with dracut-modules-olpc-0.2.4

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Thu Dec 17 08:53:45 EST 2009

On Thu, 2009-12-17 at 11:40 -0200, Esteban Bordón wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> I'm testing secure boot in F11-XO1 (os10).
>
> When XO boots in secure boot the lease file doesn't read from USB key.
> I disabled the activation in dracut and I reinstalled
> dracut-olpc-modules and kernel and I signed them.

You'll need the latest version of dracut-modules-olpc for activation to
work.

> [    8.281613] usb8xxx: Firmware does not seem to support PS mode
> [    8.287666] usbcore: registered new interface driver usb8xxx
>
> mount: you must specify the filesystem type
>
> Can't mount root filesystem
>
> Boot has failed, sleepeng forever

I'll need your help debugging/fixing this. At the moment my work time is
fully occupied by XO-1.5 and I don't have any spare time to dedicate. My
first suggestion would be to insert echo debug statements throughout the
initramfs code so that you can understand what is going on.

Daniel