8.2.2 Beta-1 test request

Richard A. Smith richard at laptop.org
Wed Dec 9 09:44:42 EST 2009

On 12/08/2009 05:39 PM, Christoph Derndorfer wrote:

> 802B1 hasn't really helped there as very often the cursor now freezes
> completely and even after waiting for 20 seconds or doing a manual
> re-calibration I can't get it move more than a couple of centimeters. If
> I understood the issues correctly 802B1 now simply disregards suspicious
> looking data coming from the touchpad and it seems like that touchpad is
> particularly affected so basically now data makes it through at all.

Anyone testing the touchpad issues:

Please go here:

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Three_known_touchpad_issues

At the bottom of the page in the section marked "Large Jump Logging
Technique" there is a script. If you cut that script and then run it (as
root) it will hook your Bulletin Board key (upper right next to frame)
as a touchpad log hot key.

When you think the touchpad is doing funky stuff or misbehaving then hit
the key.  Its snapshots the debug stream.  When you are done testing
please send richard and pgf (at laptop) copies of the dmseg<date>.gz
files it creates in /home/olpc.

Thanks.
--
Richard A. Smith  <richard at laptop.org>