Wanted: List of Sugar activities for the XO-1.5

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 08:00:24 EST 2009

On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 1:48 PM, eric b <eric.bachard at free.fr> wrote:
> To avoid useless discussion, and just FYI, *it is of course* possible to
> create something similar to the existing Linux language packs.

No doubt, and thanks for the clarification. I think Ed was pointing to
a desire @ OLPC to ship 'all' the localisations in the base img we
generate.

We currently do this for all (most?) other software we ship, mainly
because the compiled gettext files don't take that much space. So I am
pointing out that OOo is different.

Most distros also ship all l10ns for most applications in the main
rpm/deb of the application, and make splitoffs for those apps with
bulky l10n (OOo, KDE, GNOME...).

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions