About 8.2.2

Ed McNierney ed at laptop.org
Wed Dec 2 08:09:55 EST 2009

Philipp -

I would prefer not to speculate about what is happening or not happening in various locations; if small XO situations want updates they can obtain developer keys for them.  I'm not aware of any requests from Cambodia for software updates they don't have, or for signed builds.  It's important to remember that we added considerable support for signing autonomy to the XO-1 and OFW, in order to avoid the perpetual unfunded mandate of having OLPC provide signed builds and related signature tasks.

	- Ed