Antitheft: sending a fake stolen...

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at
Mon Aug 24 06:37:48 EDT 2009

A while ago, Daniel fixed a bug in my changes to olpc-update, and that
left me with a to-do item on the xs-activation side.

Reviewed the situation on the OAT proto concept of always sending a
stolen token, with the idea that xs-activation should do what the
protocol proposes: always send a 'stolen' element, to prevent a
relatively simple proxy from blocking stolen msgs.

The situation is a tad more complex, as a proxy could block any
message not containing a lease.

For the time being I've filed my notes in -- so this is a 'for later'.

 martin.langhoff at
 martin at -- School Server Architect