[Sugar-devel] RFH - Journal corruption reports fom 8.2.1 users in Uy

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 04:36:44 EDT 2009

2009/8/21 Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu at sugarlabs.org>:
> 2009/8/21 Martin Langhoff <martin.langhoff at gmail.com>:
>> 2009/8/21 Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu at sugarlabs.org>:
>>> Yes, though if we manage to get the logs dir of a machine just after
>>> the DS was "lost", there's lots of chances we are going to be able to
>>
>> The ones on the ramdisk? :-(
>
> Is ~/.sugar/default/logs in the ramdisk? This would be the first time
> I hear about it.

OLPC's builds (at least the F7/F9 based series) I understood they were
on a ramdisk. Looking at it now, however, it seems that they aren't --
but a restart of X clears it out anyway.

So by the time the problem is _seen_, *poof*, logs are gone.

Maybe something in the sugar startup clears it out. Dunno. Doesn't
seem to be olpc-configure.

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions