olpcrd-rough -- patches queued for initrd on 8.2.x

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 03:39:26 EDT 2009

On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 8:56 AM, Daniel Drake<dsd at laptop.org> wrote:
> The dracut documentation is all you need. It's remarkably simple. I
> would not suggest trying to get it working on F9.

Riiight. At least, you are

 - grabbing the fully installed OS image
 - mounting it on a host system
 - installing dracut & the dracut olpc module (if not otherwise installed)
 - running the dracut command excluding some modules (plymouth?), etc

> As for the patches, I think they need more discussion (or at least eyes).

> I would suggest creating a wiki page for each major change describing

A good trac entry should be good -- can be improved...

> I'm particularly uneasy about the change that ignores OFW's judgement
> on whether a lease is valid.  I think we need input from all of the
> relevant experts on that one.

Had some discussions with Mitch. Either it gets implemented in OFW's
cpu/x86/pc/olpc/security.fth and we do the full dance of QA on an OFW
signed image, or we deal with our userland moving faster than OFW and
knowing activation formats that OFW doesn't know about.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions