olpcrd-rough -- patches queued for initrd on 8.2.x

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Fri Aug 21 02:56:31 EDT 2009

2009/8/20 Martin Langhoff <martin.langhoff at gmail.com>:
> Daniel, these need to be ported to the dracut setup. I've given it a
> cursory look (but quickly realised that it probably won't work on our
> F9 builds) but not that much. Happy if you grab them, happy if you
> post a quick 'how to hack on dracut for the XO'.

The dracut documentation is all you need. It's remarkably simple. I
would not suggest trying to get it working on F9.

As for the patches, I think they need more discussion (or at least eyes).

I would suggest creating a wiki page for each major change describing
the motivation and implementation, and then creating a thread for each
one with the appropriate people on CC.

I'm particularly uneasy about the change that ignores OFW's judgement
on whether a lease is valid.  I think we need input from all of the
relevant experts on that one.

The date stuff is less scary but I do have some questions/concerns,
and I think we should also push a wiki page under peoples noses so
that they at least read about the changes we're making.

Daniel