Python oddity

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at
Mon Aug 17 15:05:00 EDT 2009

On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 8:40 PM, Bobby Powers<bobbypowers at> wrote:
> Would you mind sharing what the bug was, or posting the updated script?

I'm merging the functions in the script into the bitfrost.leases lib.
The bug had to do with miscounting offsets. I had forgotten to count
buftail in the offset. Today I fixed an additional bug in the
definition of needlelength.

With those fixed, it passes my tests -- it finds the keys even on the
page boundaries ok.

It's not fast, and it's not elegant, but it fixes a showstopper bug
for large deployments, so I'll post a patch for review & comment tmw.

 martin.langhoff at
 martin at -- School Server Architect