application for project hosting: PhoneticExplorer

Lars Huttar lars_huttar at
Wed Apr 29 18:34:37 EDT 2009

Hopefully this is not a repost.

I initially sent this to sysadmin at and to this list, as
instructed by

However that was right after subscribing to this list, and it was not
yet clear whether I needed to confirm my subscription before I could
post. Now it looks like I should have waited.

So now my message is in the moderator queue, but rather than wait for
moderator approval I thought I'd go ahead and resend the message to the
list now that I am a confirmed subscriber.

1. Project name             :PhoneticExplorer

2. Existing website, if any :

3. One-line description     :Explore the sounds of the world's languages.

4. Longer description       :A phonetics toy, allowing children basic
exposure to sounds of the world's languages, via the International
Phonetic Alphabet (IPA). The IPA symbols are displayed; user can click
on a symbol and hear it pronounced.

5. URLs of similar projects :,

6. Committer list

      Username   Full name             SSH2 key URL
      --------   ---------             ------------
   #1 huttarl    Lars Huttar           [attached - no longer

   If any developers don't have their SSH2 keys on the web, please
attach them
   to the application e-mail.

7. Preferred development model

   [x] Central tree. Every developer can push his changes directly to the
       project's git tree. This is the standard model that will be
familiar to
       CVS and Subversion users, and that tends to work well for most

8. Set up a project mailing list:

   [ ] Yes, named after our project name
   [ ] Yes, named ______________________
   [X] No

9. Commit notifications

   [ ] Notification of commits to the main tree should be e-mailed to
the list
       we chose to create above
   [ ] A separate mailing list, <projectname>-git, should be created for
   [X] No commit notifications, please

11. Translation
   [X] Set up the Pootle server to allow translation commits
to be made
   [ ] Translation arrangements have already been made at _______________

12. Notes/comments:

Will someone please let me know if project hosting is no longer supported?