#9303 HIGH Not Tri: Activities fail to launch

joel wachman joelw at alum.mit.edu
Sat Apr 18 22:00:05 EDT 2009

Hi Michael
Thanks for picking this up. I generated the log file but I can't figure out
how to get it off the laptop. There doesn't seem to be a copy of ftp on it,
and I have no idea how to write to a USB key. I thought I'd fire up a
browser and use something like gmail to upload the file, but I can't launch
the browser from the GUI (because of the same bug we're trying to solve).  I
tried launching the browser from the command line but I must be doing
something wrong. I do this:

$ su  [ran as super user because it won't let me even see the browser
activity as normal user]
# cd /home/olpc/Activities/Browse.activity
# python browser.py

it comes back with:

File "Activities/Browse.activity/browser.py", line 25, in <module>
   import xpcom
ImportError: No module named xpcom

So I assume I have to give python a switch to tell it where to look for
xpcom?

I really do want to get this log to you. Can you help me get it off my
laptop?

Thanks

Joel