Debugging booting problems with F9 on SD card...

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 05:41:26 EDT 2009

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 11:08 AM, Peter Robinson <pbrobinson at gmail.com> wrote:
> What would it take to move the next XS Server release to either F10 or
> F11 as F9 will be EOL as soon as F11 comes out in a month or so (one
> month after F11 is out F9 will be EOL).

It's a bit of a recurring question. I am swamped with feature
development for a while. My hope is to port to F11 or even F12 when I
can. Help is welcome and Jerry is doing a lot of work on F10/11.

But qualifiying something as an XS release is a sizable workload t is
to do all the testing to ensure it is stable, installs/upgrades and
works as desired. It takes quite a bit of effort and gear. And I want
to limit how many Fedora releases I have to support. (My plan is to
transition to a stable RHEL/Centos asap, hence my F11/F12 targets.)

But that for the future.

At this stage, people are needing to boot our F9 based XS-0.5.x and
upcoming 0.6, and that's what I am asking for help with.

Can you help me with that? :-) There's an odd issue with booting when
an initrd is involved.

cheers,

martin
 martin.langhoff at gmail.com