2PM EDT Friday: BRIEF Contributors Program Mtg (#olpc-meeting)
holt at laptop.org
Fri Apr 10 11:15:18 EDT 2009
Join us reviewing the latest OLPC/Sugar community projects today 2PM EDT
(Boston Time) -- in 3 hrs from now:
Then type at bottom:
* New Library Emerging! How you too can help start an XO Laptop library:
* Which projects might you enjoy Mentoring?!
* Questions about free Hardware/Parts Returns just shipped: (DEADLINE
* Fast Review of the latest (greatest!) HW/Project Proposals:
1. Coreboot and OLPC [North Carolina, USA]
Also requests: http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Serial_adapters
Investigate Coreboot firmware looking from the angle of debuggability;
particularly related to standby/resume, or other challenges.
2. [GeneralCompute] Project Proposal - Request for platform. [Cambridge, UK]
Most computing device in the market have more that one
processor i.e. CPU, GPU (programmable/non-programmable), DSP etc.
These processors are supplied by different or same vendor. But to take
advantage of these processors, vendors usually supply different set of
APIs for each of these processors. There is a publicly available open
standard that defines a common API to take advantage of these
heterogenous computing devices. The OLPC laptop already has a GPU.
Hence it already is hosting atleast two computing devices. It will be
beneficial to support a "General Compute" API for the developers who
can then take advantage of these devices in a uniform manner. This
proposal will benefit the programmers who develop middleware or
3. Apache Proxy CRCsync Project and Finger-painting Interface - USA, Belgium
1. Integrating a chosen paint application with TinyMCE editor as a
2. Profiling of the software stack that is used by the fingerpaint
application so that the performance can be improved:
1. Performance testing of RProxy modules .(Stability testing, surf the
internet through the proxy to collect compression rate statistics in
the logs from real-live usage in stead of artificial test
2. Development and testing of required Plugins for XO School server to
integrate PaintWEB and RProxy module in the latest version of XO
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Devel