Announcing Fedora 11 Beta for XO

Martin Dengler martin at
Sun Apr 5 08:43:07 EDT 2009

On Sat, Apr 04, 2009 at 06:39:53PM +0200, Martin Langhoff wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 4, 2009 at 3:10 PM, Martin Dengler <martin at> wrote:
> > I'd test Soas-2 (what I'm running on my XO now).  Just a personal
> > opinion.
> Yeah, that's what I am thinking of doing. Is there stuff that is known
> to be 'broken' on the XO?
> IIRC, the NM there can't handle the mesh devices, so no "under a tree"
> automagic mesh or ad-hoc networking is present. So not expecting that
> to work.

Indeed, mesh doesn't work.

> Sound?

Not sure (I thought it worked but haven't checked recently).

> Sleep?

> Screen rotate?

> 'Game keys'?

Other things OTTOMH:

- Most / all of the XO-specific keys don't work.  The keymap isn't set
  to an OLPC one at boot (these are two seperate problems).

- DCON driver isn't available - so forget about coming out of pretty
  boot (use the check key when starting to avoid pretty boot) - or
  changing the backlight level, etc.)

- /ofw doesn't exist

- network frame icon still blank (I think for the same reason as )

- some WPA (1) networks unable to be associated with (not sure why,
  could be #307 again)