New release8.2 build 764

John Gilmore gnu at toad.com
Mon Sep 29 01:28:10 EDT 2008

>> many people who would be good testers don't consider themselves 'developers'
>> so would not get them on their own.
>
> Why not call it a "tester's key"?  It is principally useful for testing
> late-breaking versions.

Now that the unfortunately popular iPhone ships with the same centralized-
control model as the XO, there's a new term for a machine that is under
the full control of its owner:

  Jailbroken

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Privilege_escalation or see Jailbreak)
 "DRM-encumbered devices such as the Xbox, iPhone and iPod Touch have
 repeatedly been subject to jailbreaks, allowing the execution of
 arbitrary code ..."

So we could call it a jailbreaking key...

	John