[Fwd: Re: Odd occurance when installing 764]

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Sun Sep 28 10:21:49 EDT 2008

On 28 Sep 2008, at 14:30, Aaron Konstam wrote:

> [...]

Aaron, this sounds like some cruft you've accumulated over the months
(or a ~year) from long past OS builds. Calc was a very (very) early
version for what is now known as Calculate. As for having a Journal
Activity in your home, that also sounds potentially like some old
behaviour. Everything in /home/olpc is kept (mostly) from harms way
during OS upgrades, so your user data is persistent between upgrades,
these items probably go way back in your XO's history.

If you want to clean up shop, I'd say /home/olpc/Activities/
Calc.activity can be deleted, as can home/olpc/Activities/
Journal.activity.

To Michael: Not sure who to direct this to, but should the post
install scripts do some extra checks for this potential upgrade fluff?
Not sure how many upgrades this could effect.

--Gary