[Fwd: Re: Odd occurance when installing 764]

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 28 09:30:42 EDT 2008

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: Aaron Konstam <akonstam at sbcglobal.net>
To: Gary C Martin <gary at garycmartin.com>
Subject: Re: Odd occurance when installing 764
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2008 08:28:49 -0500

On Sat, 2008-09-27 at 23:47 +0100, Gary C Martin wrote:
> On 27 Sep 2008, at 21:30, Aaron Konstam wrote:
>
> > After installing 764, in circle mode I had an icon for the calculator
> > activity, but it would not run successfully. Switching to line mode I
> > found the calculator had not been designated as a favorite. When I
> > made
> > it a favorite I had two calculator icons in circle mode of the home
> > page. The second (new one) ran successfully. When I erased the first
> > one
> > I had one calculator icon that ran correctly. A similar experience
> > occurred for me in 757 with a different Application.
> >
> > I don't know why I seem to have all the really strange experiences.
> > Just
> > lucky I guess:-)
>
> I've not seen this myself after an upgrade, what did you upgrade from?
> Is it possible you had (some) activities installed in the 'system'
> place** rather than /home/olpc/Activities? I've seen 2 activity icons
> for what looks like the same application in that situation.
>
> ** /usr/share/sugar/activities/ is the current 'system' place (Journal
> should now be the only activity there I think).
>
> --Gary
I upgraded from 760. When I look the activities are
in /home/olpc/Activities except fot this strangeness:
1. In the directory there is a Calculate as well as a Calc activity with
the same icon. Calc does not run correctly.
2. There is another Journal Activity in that directory as well as in
the /usr/share/sugar/activities directory.

What does that mean?
Excessive login or logout messages are a sure sign of senility.
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net
QOTD: "Just how much can I get away with and still go to heaven?"
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net