Odd occurance when installing 764

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Sat Sep 27 18:47:46 EDT 2008

On 27 Sep 2008, at 21:30, Aaron Konstam wrote:

> After installing 764, in circle mode I had an icon for the calculator
> activity, but it would not run successfully. Switching to line mode I
> found the calculator had not been designated as a favorite. When I
> made
> it a favorite I had two calculator icons in circle mode of the home
> page. The second (new one) ran successfully. When I erased the first
> one
> I had one calculator icon that ran correctly. A similar experience
> occurred for me in 757 with a different Application.
>
> I don't know why I seem to have all the really strange experiences.
> Just
> lucky I guess:-)

I've not seen this myself after an upgrade, what did you upgrade from?
Is it possible you had (some) activities installed in the 'system'
place** rather than /home/olpc/Activities? I've seen 2 activity icons
for what looks like the same application in that situation.

** /usr/share/sugar/activities/ is the current 'system' place (Journal
should now be the only activity there I think).

--Gary