Another pass through some basic Activity test results

Arjun Sarwal arjun at laptop.org
Fri Sep 26 14:31:11 EDT 2008

Hi,

2008/9/26 Gary C Martin <gary at garycmartin.com>:
> Here's a set of basic Activity test results for build 8.2-763, hope the ASCI
> art doesn't get too mangled by the list server (need to view with a fixed
>        Measure-20 . . - . x x x . x Doesn't sleep when Activity is in the
>                                     background (eats 75% cpu). Can't seem to
>                                     record anything. Keep error when

-- When Measure is in background and some other Activity comes in
foreground, then Measure releases sound device - you can record sound
using any other program/application. In this state Measure also
doesn't hog CPU.

-- For recording the waveforms, within 'Sound' in toolbar, if 'Now' is
selected  and the record button next to it is pressed, it will capture
the current displayed waveform. If you select an interval and then
press the record button, it will start saving waveforms at the
specified interval and the record button will change to a 'stop'
button. It will record a maximum of 10 waveforms.

You will be able to see the waveforms as picture files in the Journal

--For recording sensor values, within the 'Sensors' context , when one
presses the record button it will start writing the sensor values (of
the sensor connected at Analog Input) at the specified interval.
You can have multiple recording sessions,i.e. stop it and then resume
it and stop it again and resume it.

You can see the logged sensor values in the Journal.  They are saved
in csv format.
(I am waiting for the spreadsheet activity to come soon! :) )

Though, without a sensor you will either be seeing a value around
16000 if you are in 'resistive sensor mode' (which turns on internal
bias voltage) and -32768 if you are 'voltage sensor mode' (which turns
off internal bias voltage)

Lastly, thanks for the feedback, its really useful. It helped me
figure out a minor problem in sensor values recording (#8683) and I
released ver21 that corrects that!

Best,
Arjun