764 is imminent

Eben Eliason eben.eliason at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 21:30:56 EDT 2008

On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 9:26 PM, Gary C Martin <gary at garycmartin.com> wrote:
> On 25 Sep 2008, at 23:39, C. Scott Ananian wrote:
>
>> #7969          Accidental searches lead to a "blank" Home screen
>> sugar-0.82.9-1.olpc3
>
> Hmmm, just installed 8.2-764. I don't think the expected behaviour is
> that the Home view search be permanently disabled/deactivated? If I go
> to List view, it's works as before, but on the graphical layout home
> view (ring, random) the activity search fill area doesn't accept
> input, has a black fill, and has dark grey outline and looking-glass
> icon.

Yup, we were getting several reports that kids accidentally pressed
keys while at the Home screen (which auto-focuses the search field.)..
 This was taking them to an empty list view with no matches, which
made them think it was broken.  We've disabled it in the favorites
view until we can a) add a proper "no matching activities" message in
the list, and we can actually do a search in favorites itself without
resorting to the view switch, which was kind of a hack.

http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/7969

- Eben