[OLPC library] OLPC Manual, Help activity v.8

adam hyde adam at flossmanuals.net
Tue Sep 23 00:05:39 EDT 2008

congrats all!

Seth, can you make sure the following is in the Introduction to the
manual:

<h2>About this Manual</h2>
href='http://www.flossmanuals.net'>http://www.flossmanuals.net</a> ).
This documentation is a result of a collaborative effort. Much of the
material was written at a 1 week Book Sprint held in Austin Texas (Sept
2008) and managed by Adam Hyde (FLOSS Manuals) and Anne Gentle (FLOSS
Manuals / Just Write Click). Participating on site at the Book Sprint
were Walter Bender (Sugar), David Farning (Sugar), Adam Holt (OLPC),
Brian Jordan (OLPC) Mikus Grinbergs, Janet Swisher (janetswisher.com),
David Cramer (Motive), Anne Gentle and Adam Hyde. There were also many
remote contributions (please see the credits on each page for details).
The venue was provided by Motive Inc and the event was funded by
individual donations including substantial contributions from David
Farning, RedHat, OLPC, and FLOSS Manuals.
This community documentation effort started its life as a project with
Val Scarlata's students at Illinois Institute of Technology and was
eventually moved to <a
href='http://www.wiki.laptop.org'>wiki.laptop.org</a>. Much of the
community writing brought into FLOSS Manuals was completed by Todd
Kelsey, Emily Kaplan, Anne Gentle, Adam Hyde, with editing work from
Kelly Holcomb. Translations on the <a
href='http://www.wiki.laptop.org'>wiki.laptop.org</a> copies were thanks
to some time-intense translation support, coordinations, and
introductions by Greg DeKoenigsberg and Micheal Cooper.
The documentation is in continual development. To contribute to the
documents, buy a book, or to check for updates please visit the FLOSS
Manuals website.
change, and share freely.