testing 8.2 using qemu

Gabriel Eirea geirea at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 08:02:44 EDT 2008

Hi list,

I'm having a hard time trying to test an activity in 8.2 using qemu.
The activity (Conozco Uruguay) doesn't work in 8.2 although it works
fine in previous versions. We suspect it is related to rainbow (trac
#8334). Since there is little documentation on rainbow (I still don't
know what it is and why including it broke the activity) I'm going to
follow a hack suggested by brian.

The thing is, I can't make builds 759 nor 760 run using qemu. The
configuration is fine because I can run build 659. In 759 it stops
when saying "Booting from Hard Drive..." and in 760 it says that the
kernel needs 3dnow. I downloaded the images from

http://pilgrim.laptop.org/~pilgrim/xo-1/streams/8.2/

Has anyone tested the images with qemu? Can anyone suggest how to
proceed? I'm very interested in making my activity work in 8.2!

Thank you,

Gabriel