build 8.2-760, Read activity and ebook mode - how to make them work together?

NoiseEHC NoiseEHC at freemail.hu
Thu Sep 18 06:45:32 EDT 2008

Probably it would be the right time for 9.1 to finally make Sugar usable
from the keyboard?
For example I did not see any activities using accelerators (Ctrl+Key or
Alt+Key) or at least they are not showing it on the UI.
This problem that cursor keys are lost is widespread. In some activities
I can press the down button several times until the focus moves from the
toolbar to the scrollable area but on other activities it stays on the
toolbar, so I have to open the XO from ebook mode, click and close back.
It is just lame.
Here is a "design document":
How about that when the user keeps the Alt or Ctrl keys down, the XO
shows him big hints about the available shortcut keys? It could show
those shortcuts for the active toolbar page's buttons as well. That way
beginner users (and people who were cursed by very bad memory like me)
could use it as F1. (In fact it is similar how default XP shows
accelerators only when Alt is pressed.) It is possible that this design
is too similar to M$ ribbon controls but I think that being too similar
is not a shame.