Feedback on 759 joyride

S Page info at
Mon Sep 15 20:13:42 EDT 2008

C. Scott Ananian wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 8:12 AM, Pia Waugh <greebo at> wrote:
>>  - Slideshow app in pippy doesn't work at all
> I see a 'liboil' error message, but it seems to work for me.

That liboil message may be , no
response so far to dsd's e-mail upstream.
<rant>Benign error messages like this and "AIGLX error: dlopen of ... failed" (trac 7977) and  are oxymoronic time-wasters that
demoralize every would-be helper who tracks it down only to find it's
not a real error.</rant>

>>  - can't run actual swf files in browser, can only run embedded flash
> I was able to reproduce this in Browse, for example, on:
> (there's also that annoying 'click to start flash' message).
> After installing Adobe flash according to the instructions on
> this URL worked fine in the Firefox activity.

I filed
As a workaround you can run standalone gnash from Terminal:
starts and runs, but it's very sluggish and there's no sound.

In fact I haven't heard sound from any Flash movie in Browse with the
gnash plug-in or command-line gnash (may be ?)

=S  user:skierpage