mechanisms tied to mesh: "under a tree" collab

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Wed Sep 17 12:31:58 EDT 2008

> Then why can't my two XO's running 8.2-759, both connected to the same
> access point, see each other to collaborate?  Neither one shows up in
> the other's Network screen.  When I run Write on one, and enable sharing
> with My Neighborhood, that copy of Write pops up on its own Neighborhood
> screen, but never on the Neighborhood screen (nor in the Frame) of its
> neighboring XO.

My experience is different.  I do not have wireless at home; at home
the XO software doesn't connect to any jabber server.  The wired LAN
supplies the only "access point" for the two XOs attached to it.

Each XO sees the other in Neighborhood View.  I __am__ able (without
any problem) to collaborate (e.g., in Write) between these two XOs.

mikus