Flash tests

Greg Smith gregsmitholpc at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 09:48:58 EDT 2008

Hi All,

We need to characterize the performance and support of Flash in release 8.2.

Technical people in Uruguay did a tests a while ago on the Flash games
at this web site: http://www.minijuegos.com/

They used the Gnash shipped with 656 (0.8.1-1) and a Flash plugin
(9.0.124-0).

They tested Castle Wars: http://www.minijuegos.com/juegos/jugar.php?id=5552
Freekick Fusion http://www.minijuegos.com/juegos/html/index.php?id=4570
Hulk Central Smahdown http://www.minijuegos.com/juegos/jugar.php?id=6769

I believe those were chosen as examples of Flash capabilities. They
weren't necessarily things the ministry of education wanted to use in
class :-)

In all three Gnash failed completely and Flash ran slowly.

If anyone has time to try those again with the 8.2 candidate build I
would be very interested in the results.

Any other comments, URLs or examples about our Flash support are
appreciated.

Thanks,

Greg S