Stability and Memory Pressure in 8.2

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Sun Sep 14 21:19:42 EDT 2008

On Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 09:31:29PM +1200, Martin Langhoff wrote:
> The previous round of testing we saw it twice, but could not reproduce
> it. Both cases 8.2-759. The main difference I can think of is thatwe
> were using Simple Mesh. One of the OOM killer crashes were during a
> 'maze' game played over the mesh.

I was trying that last night, visiting a remote farming family ... had
five kids pounding various activities on two XOs running 8.2-760, over a
period of about four hours.  No sign of OOM.

I wasn't able to get a Simple Mesh to work.  While I could get the radio
configured using the F1 key and clicking on Mesh Network 1, and each
unit got an IP address, and I could ping, there was no sign of the XO
icons, and sharing a Write activity yielded no change.