XO screen pulses after "standby", OOM afterwards

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Sun Sep 14 20:32:54 EDT 2008

Reviewed
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/User:Skierpage/out-of-memory
Good data there, thanks.

The things that sprang out at me were:

1.  ohmd consuming CPU while the symptom was happening, and consuming
nearly nothing when the symptom had cleared,

2.  khubd in D state while the symptom was happening, and in S state
when the symptom had cleared,

3.  plenty of memory available before and after.

So I think your diagnosis of memory pressur was inaccurate ... it was
CPU pressure, which since jffs2 reads are CPU costly means that starting
activities would be extra slow.

Did you have anything connected on the USB ports?

On Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 04:42:08PM -0700, S Page wrote:
> * I press the power on button, nothing happens.  So press it some more,
> also press some random keyboard keys.

This suggests it is deaf to the power button.