XO screen pulses after "standby", OOM afterwards

S Page info at skierpage.com
Sun Sep 14 20:15:33 EDT 2008

pgf at laptop.org wrote:
> ... it was clearly in a mode where it kind of wanted
> to wake up, but then immediately went back to sleep.  i describe it
> this way because the second time it happened, i was eventually able to
> get it to stay "awake" by very quickly hitting a key during the brief
> interval that the screen was on.
Maybe.  The first time it happened to me it felt as if pressing keys and
power button was just bogging down the XO more.  The second time I left
the XO alone after my initial button pushing, and it recovered sooner.

Did you have "memory pressure" after your XO stayed awake?  The first
time it happened to me my XO ran OK but maybe it had killed an activity;
the second time my XO was hella slow even after it killed Browse, until
I rebooted.
> i recall thinking that the idle timeout
> hadn't been reset by my hitting the power button, or something like
> that.
>
> can you file a bug with what you've written here?
http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/8490 , I guessed component "power manager
(OHM)"

--
=S