Libertas firmware on F9 for the XS

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 19:04:31 EDT 2008

Now that I have a F9-based XS build, I've dropped the custom-compiled
driver and the firmware for Libertas, hoping to use the stock standard
F9.

But that might be a bit optimistic :-)

After a quick check it looks like the XO images are shipping newer
Libertas firmware as you can see below. The XO builds also have a few
problems with the Firmware too, so I'm not entirely sure what to do...

- F9 libertas-usb8388-firmware-5.111.20.p49-1
- F9/XO (8.2-759) libertas-usb8388-firmware-5.111.22.p18-1

The main question for Libertas experts from the POV of the XS is: what
firmware is most stable? On the XS power consumption and sleep are not
high priority. Stability and performance over long periods of time is.

Also - should I look at replacing / recompiling the driver that F9
ships? (Hoping not...) If you say yes, be aware it is a major
maintenance hassle for the already short-handed XS team, so I'll want
to know what benefits it brings.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions