Greg Smith's Weekly Report

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Sat Sep 6 11:40:00 EDT 2008

On 6 Sep 2008, at 06:12, rihoward1 at gmail.com wrote:

> Greg,
>
> Thanks for fixing http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Activities/Joyride and
> make it reference the correct version of
> Develop.  Tested it and software updater now downloads Develop V35.
> Now maybe people can start looking for valid bugs and give the
> developer useful feedback.
> Develop launches nicely in 8.2-759.
>
> I went ahead and updated the reference to Colors! to Colors! V4 and
> software updater successfully downloaded that it.

I notice that the .xo bundle for Colors linked from http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Activities
  is still going to v3 even though v4 is listed on Colors own wiki
page. Was just testing on the 759 stream and noticed it didn't pick-up
the new version of Color (or Develop-35 for that matter) as the
Control Panel (obviously) doesn't use the Activities/Joyride
information.

Installed both new versions manually using Browse (note that Colors
doesn't respond to the stop icon in its activity tool bar, but you can
use the keyboard shortcut alt-esc to get out).

> The architecture of the wiki activity group pages is interesting to
> say the list.

Yea, I was hoping the whispers of semantic wiki stuff was going to
help keep all the various wiki references in sync. Perhaps it's
implementation is still incomplete? Any information on what the
semantic wiki plan is/was all about? Seems to have been some black ops
project inside OLPC with no public documentation (that I've stumbled
over yet). I noticed a few weeks back that my activity page had turned
into some monster Q&A template page if I now try and edit it...

--Gary