Wellington testers + Activities vs 8.2-759

NoiseEHC NoiseEHC at freemail.hu
Sat Sep 6 03:39:54 EDT 2008

>  - Associating to an AP using WPA is extremely unreliable. Some
> laptops do, some after a few tries, some never. Likely to be the
> timing bug that has been discussed before.

There is another bug somewhere in the network stack. With my Belkin PreN
router (MIMO chpset), every connection attempt fails which is initiated
automatically (asks for a password which almost never works). When I
wait until the XO gives up connecting and then click on the AP, it
succeeds 100% (gets the password from networks.cfg). It looks like a big
fat race condition to me, but unfortunately I do not even know where to
start looking at the source so I will not fix it that is sure.